Crisp, yet tender, these snackable green beans are an unexpected —
but every bit as delicious — alternative to traditional fries.
Product used: NutriBullet XXL Digital 7L Air Fryer
- 285g Green Beans, Trimmed
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1tbsp Skim Milk or Milk of Choice
1/4 Cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Panko Breadcrumbs
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the arrowroot powder, garlic powder, onion
powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a third small bowl, mix both kinds of breadcrumbs to combine. Set aside.
- Cover the green beans with half the egg mixture and then toss the arrowroot powder mixture to lightly coat.
- Cover green beans with the remaining egg mixture for a second coat. Once recoated, toss in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Select FRY setting and manually adjust cook time to 12 minutes; then select START. Allow the Air Fryer to preheat for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Cooking Basket and spray with cooking spray.
- Load half of the green beans in the Cooking Basket, placing in an even layer. Allow the green beans to cook for the remaining time.
- Select the FRY setting again and manually adjust the cook time to 10 minutes. Load the remaining green beans into the Cooking Basket, Select START, and cook for preset time.
Recipe: Fried Green Beans
Serving in this recipe: 4
Total Fat: 2.5 g
Total Carbs: 22 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.