Elevated enough to reserve for the weekends and easy enough to eat any day of the week, these entirely plant-based pancakes are a nutrient-packed dish both kids and kids at heart will love.
- 2 bananas - 1/2cup mashed
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Mushrooms – sliced
- 1 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, reserve 1/4 cup to thin out batter
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 tsp Walnuts, raw, unsalted - toasted
In a bowl, blend 2 bananas, coconut oil and 1 cup of almond milk on LOW, PULSE until blended.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and blend on LOW speed.
- Mix in walnuts. Add in more almond milk if needed to thin out batter.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium. Carefully rub skillet with an oiled paper towel.
- For each pancake, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet leaving 1” apart from other pancakes.
- Cook until the surface of pancakes has some bubbles, around 1-2 minutes. With a spatula, carefully flip and cook the other side for 1-2 more minutes until golden brown.